Sunday, January 22, 2012

What Not to Wear vol. 1

I’m going to make an effort to do a quick and dirty "what not to wear." Sometimes there are things men are wearing that need to be addressed. And I feel like the humiliation and shame I can bring to someone via my blog is the best way to condemn these fashion faux pas. 
Men’s leggings: Guys, don’t wear leggings. I never thought this would have to be addressed until I saw a guy on campus wearing them. There is no justifiable excuse for a man to wear leggings as pants. 

This picture is from Fuck Yeah Menswear. It’s a fun Tumblr to read if you find yourself with some down-time, pooping or stuck in an airport or something like that. 

If you think this is a good look, you’re wrong and you’re an idiot. You should subscribe to my RSS feed so you can turn your life around. Everyone will thank me. 
Animal Head Beanies: these are stupid. Just look at them. They might be acceptable headgear for a young child if that child has no personal sense of dignity. I sure as hell wouldn’t let my kid wear one. 


That being said, they are definitely not acceptable for a man to wear. As a young man, what you wear is especially important. You want people to know when they see you that you’ve successfully made the transition into adulthood. A well-dressed guy seems stable, looks successful, smart, and handsome. A hat like this makes you seem like a maladjusted adolescent who has enough money to buy one of these stupid hats but not enough sense to do just the opposite. 


Girls shouldn’t wear these either. They’re not cute. 

More news as it develops,
MD

No comments:

Post a Comment