Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome Men

My dad bought me this book for Christmas, and despite being swamped with reading assignments from school, I have made a solid attempt to read a bit every night (For me, that’s saying something). It’s a collection of short stories, letters, vignettes, etc. about what it means to be a true man (that is, a gentleman). 

Available here
I got this picture off Google, and I don't understand how someone took a crooked picture of a book.

The author notes troubling social trends that seem to be the result of an ever-increasing population of boys who never seem to mature into manhood. Our society, as he sees it, is now faced with an entire generation of grown boys, unwilling to marry, work hard, and commit themselves to the realities of life in order to find spiritual, familial, and financial success.
I highly recommend this book. This blog is my attempt to revive the lost pride men once had in their clothing. Menswear blogs abound on the web, and my goal is to serve as a stepping stone for those guys who want to change how they look but don’t know where to start. For those who truly enjoy my blog, pick up a copy of this book and see if it isn’t just your closet that could use a punch-up.

More news as it develops,

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment