Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Liebster Award, Everlane Backpack, & School Starting


First, my friend Bizi of The Bizi Bee has nominated me for a Liebster Award. I have no idea what it is, and a quick Google search didn’t turn up anything in the first three results, but the thing was the word “award” in it, so I’m definitely going to flaunt it somehow. Once you get out of college, you don’t get awards that much anymore, and it legitimizes my blog, marginally at least. I'll be putting it in the "About" section for sure.

You’re supposed to do a lot for it, but I’m lazy.  I will answer the questions Bizi asked me, because I think she just wanted to read what I’d have to say. (Probably not though)

1. If you came across a genie and could make three wishes, what would they be?
Obviously, my first wish would be to ask for more wishes. That’s like Genie 101 type shit. Then I’d have free reign on wishes. I’d probably start by asking for money. I’m not shallow (well, a little), but I need to pay bills. I’m only human.

2. Past, present, or future?
There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. And that’s from Kung Fu Panda, so you know it’s true.

3. Dogs or cats?
Dogs definitely. Some people don’t like dogs, because they’re “too easy,” and cats have “personalities,” but I don’t want a pet with a personality. Especially one that’s moody and has claws. Dogs are always happy to see you. Always. Even if they’re not your dog. If you don’t like that, then I don’t know man. Sorry for your life.

4. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
On this question, people always tend to swing between being invisible or flying. Being invisible would be pretty cool, but honestly I’d only only use it for illegal things. Being able to fly would be rad too. Really I’ve always thought it’d be cool to time travel. I’m big into history, so it’d be interesting/intriguing/fucking dope to go back in time and witness events that changed the course of history. I could meet Jesus, or save Lincoln, or slip Plan B to Justin Beiber’s mom. You know, important shit.

5. What is something you regret?
I have a lot of regrets, mostly from college. I would prefer if people didn’t know them. 

6. What is something you are looking forward to?
My parents winning the lottery. I wish they’d hurry up with it though. 

7. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I'm really humble.

8. What is your guilty pleasure?
I have a lot of guilty pleasures, mostly from college. I would prefer if people didn’t know them.

9. Favorite food?
Apple sauce. Delicious taste. Wonderful, just wonderful texture. I do make spaghetti nearly every night for dinner, but not because it's my favorite. I just don't know how to make anything else.

10. Rain or shine?
Honestly? Rain. No shit, rain. It’s not because I’m a depressed person or anything like that. I just like rain, especially overcast days. I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s because I burn easily in the sun? 

11. Favorite day of the week?

So there’s that. I’m also supposed to nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers, but I’m not even sure how to check that shit. I read a few blogs per day. I think most of them have quite a few readers, but I have no empirical evidence to back that up. I’m no scientist.

Secondly, I bought the new Everlane backpack ($60 for the zipper model, $65 for the snap). Here’s some pics from Everlane. I'll include my own once one of my roommates allows me to use his iPhone to take pictures and email them to myself.










Do I like it? Yes. Stylish, and quality and construction seem good. The waxed canvas and leather feel good, and I'm hoping they hold up will in wet conditions. So far I’m satisfied with the purchase. I’ll be giving a review later that will be quite more in-depth. Forewarning to Everlane, because as a law student I carry a shitload to class everyday. I’m talking at least two books, the size of the Bible and Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows combined, back and forth to class everyday on a 30 minute trek. Rain, snow, or as annoying as it’s been lately, mid-90s heat. That’s a fucking disgusting amount of sweat, if you didn’t know. 

Lastly, I got a job at a bar. It's mostly Charlie work, but just FYI posts will probably not be as frequent. I'll still try to get something up at least once a week though.

Thanks for reading, as always,

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment