Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Gent's Place

After all the blogging and impeccable dressing, at the end of the day I’m still a guy. And like most guys, I really don’t like getting my hair cut. It’s a hassle we all seem to want to avoid, and if you’re anything like me your cycle goes something like buzz, wait 6 months, repeat
It seems all of that may have changed with my visit to The Gent’s Place, south of Kansas City in Leawood. The Gent’s Place is head-to-toe legit. Branded as a “men’s spa,” it’s really anything but.  There’s TVs with sports, a lounge area, and a pool table. It’s how I imagine a haircut felt if you were Frank Sinatra or Steve McQueen.

The Gent's Place
I walked in and was immediately greeted by a friendly staff, offering drinks ranging from water to whiskey. I got a Johnny Walker because I’m high class and I come to party, but there’s beer too if you’re a lightweight (and water if you really hate fun).
Next up was arguably one of the best haircuts I’ve ever had. That might not be saying much considering I just told you I usually just buzz it all off, but I’m really happy with how it looks (and I've had compliments already). 

The Gent's Place
A warm towel and a shampoo followed by a quick styling, and I was out the door in time to finish my drink at the rate of a responsible adult. Salon treatment, but I didn’t have to make a day out of it. The total cost was $35, which really isn’t that bad considering you probably pay close to that for a mediocre hair cut already. Not to mention the drink helped ease that What do I talk to this person about for 20 minutes? feeling I get when I normally go in for a trim.
At the end, it was well worth it. I felt Don Draper good-looking. I immediately went home, threw on a blazer and lit up a Lucky Strike so the rest of my body would look as good as my hair. The type of good looking that says not, “I’m going to get laid,” but rather, “I already did.”



More news as it develops,
MD

No comments:

Post a Comment