Thursday, January 3, 2013

Planning Ahead


I haven’t posted in awhile, so I thought I’d do a quick recap of what I actually have been doing, and where things are going in 2013.

First, after school let out I essentially went on sabbatical (read: booze-fueled sex romp). Then the holidays came full force, and now I’m doing some work for Justin over at Tucked before he heads abroad for the FW 2013 shows, and before I go on vacation myself (though to a much less exotic locale). That being said, don’t expect a new post for a week or two.

However, I will be back. I plan on doing a write-up of the stuff I got for Christmas, which included some much-touted menswear reading material that was released this year, as well as some interesting pieces and new purchases. I recently decided that I had enough wardrobe “basics,” and so I would be experimenting with my own sense of style; I used some Christmas money and holiday sales to grab some new stuff that’s slightly outside my typical comfort zone (though it may not be for you). Plan on the usual stuff (sizing, pricing, quality/construction, etc.), but also be prepped for some new stuff from Style on the Hill. We have a sponsored event Jan. 17 (more details to come), and we’ve teamed up with the University of Kansas’s spring career fair to offer helpful advice on the spectrum of wearable wardrobes in an office environment. 

*Another thing I will be posting on is a nice guide on how to buy sneakers. The Air Jordan I's are being rereleased this Saturday, so I'll try to do a comprehensive post on the best way to go about snagging a new pair of sneakers at a big release, which I am currently in the midst of trying to figure out how to do myself.

Anyway, just a quick recap so people didn't think I had died or anything. Nearly did on NYE, but I've got too much respect in the hood (What's a #menswear post without the obligatory hip-hop cultural reference?).


More news as it develops,

MD

*Edit - I slept in accidentally on the day of the Jordan release, so I missed the initial sale. They were later offerings, albeit at higher prices than I wanted to pay. I figured if I slept in, I didn't deserve a pair. Waiting until May now for the next new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment